Kentucky Board of Dentistry
312 Whittington Parkway, Suite 101
Louisville, Kentucky 40222
The Kentucky Board of Dentistry is an agency governed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The Board is a separate and distinct entity from any professional association. The main purpose of the Board is to protect the public by administering the Dental Practice Act and regulating the dental profession. The Board is self-supporting and receives no general tax appropriation. It is funded through fees assessed for licensing its dental professionals.
ONLINE SEDATION RENEWAL IS LIVE
Click on the link below to renew the location/s where sedation is being administered in Kentucky:
* * NOTICE * *
PROPOSED CHANGES to REGULATIONS
Click here to read the proposed revisions and additions to
201 KAR Chapter 8 approved by the Board of Dentistry
The online voting for 2014 open Board Seats closed at noon Friday, April 11, 2014
Click the link below to renew your
Kentucky Dental License.
Online Dental Renewal
Late Dental Renewal January 1-15 is $575
Late Dental Renewal January 16-31 is $855
Late Dental Renewal on/after February 1 is $1,415
per 201 KAR 8:520
PLEASE DO NOT USE Internet Explorer 11 as your browser to renew your license!!!
Please use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser:
The online application is incompatible with Internet Explorer 11.
How to download Mozilla Firefox free: click here
How to download Google Chrome free: click here
How do I know if I have Internet Explorer 11? click here
As a result of HB1, ALL licensed dentists in
Kentucky must complete 3 hours of continuing education
that relates to the use of the electronic monitoring system,
pain management or addiction disorders PRIOR to
renewing their license December 31, 2013. The hours are
be included in the 30 required hours and are NOT
additional and may be taken online.
201 KAR 8:520 Section 1. Dentists.
(3) The renewal fee for a general dental license appropriately renewed on or before the expiration of the license shall be $295.
(4) The renewal reinstatement fee for a general dental license renewed between January 1 and January 15 of the year following the expiration of the license shall be $280 in addition to the renewal fee.
(5) The renewal reinstatement fee for a general dental license renewed between January 16 and January 31 of the year following the expiration of the license shall be $560 in addition to the renewal fee.
(6) The renewal reinstatement fee for a general dental license renewed on or after February 1 of the year following the expiration of the license shall be $1,120 in addition to the renewal fee.
(8) The renewal fee for a dental anesthesia or sedation permit shall be seventy-five (75) dollars and is in addition to the renewal fee for a general dental license.
(12) The specialty license renewal fee shall be fifty (50) dollars and is in addition to the renewal fee for a general dental license.
||Frequently Asked Questions
Please reference the Kentucky Board of Dentistry Frequently Asked Questions for your convenience FAQs updated 3.5.2014
||Requirement to Release Patiuent Records
A Dentist is required to release to the patient a copy of the patient's record. A dentist may not deny a written request for any reason, including unpaid fees.